As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Smash burger griddle temp
A smash burger is one of the most sumptuous snacks you can make at home. It is a delightful and an American staple cooked on a griddle at a temp of about 400 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
But this varies depending on the burger’s thickness. It is easy and quick food to prepare that takes a few minutes to prepare and cook.
All you need is to know the right burger griddle to use depending on your fillings.
How do you cook a smash burger on a griddle?
The best way to cook your hamburger is by using a flat griddle. It cooks your burger in and out without interfering with the flavor of your fillings.
Chefs love the griddle due to its smooth and flat cooking surface, plus it gives out high heat. This cooking item is well-rounded and the best when looking for a perfectly seared burger.
It is also versatile; you can use it on a stovetop or make your burger in the oven.
Besides, a griddle pan is usable on an open fire, which means you can enjoy this delicious snack even when camping away from home.
How to use a griddle over a stovetop
When using a griddle over a stovetop, there are rules that you must observe if you want to end up with smash burgers. Here are they are:
- Start by pre-seasoning the griddle to protect its surface. It prevents foods from sticking and prevents them from developing rust.
- You can find some already seasoned griddles in the market, but seasoning it takes a few minutes.
- Most griddles will season by just adding some little oil and allowing it to heat and form a layer that will protect you once you start cooking your burgers.
- Preheat the griddle for about 15 minutes so that it gets to a temp of between 160 and 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Start placing your burgers on the griddle for them to cook.
- Once you are done cooking the burgers, clean the pan before it dries up. Use hot water and scrape off any food residues and leave it dry.
- Re-season the griddle and store it. With time the griddle builds up a solid seasoning layer that will protect it whenever you are cooking.
Cooking a frozen burger on a griddle
If you want some delicious smash burgers, make them freshly on a griddle…Or use a good burger smasher on an open grill.
However, if you have some frozen burgers, a griddle can still bring them to life without the need to thaw them.
A griddle makes cooking frozen burgers a walk in the park, and the taste is uncompromised.
However, for frozen burgers, you cannot use high heat; go for medium temperature between 325 and 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
This allows the burgers to slowly and for a long time, which gives them enough time to thaw and cook all ingredients.
Frozen burgers will take up to 25 minutes to cook, but flip them after every few minutes.
If you are cooking frozen burgers from your local store, read the instructions because some can only cook on a griddle in the oven and not on a stovetop.
If you have time, thaw your burgers and only cook frozen ones when you have no time. They cook better and fast.
So, what is the ideal smash burger temp?
Burgers contain meat and, therefore, must be cooked at the right temperature.
The ideal temp for burgers is at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
The best way to tell if your burger is cooking at the right temp is by using a thermometer.
But you can also check your burger’s progress visually if you do not have a thermometer.
A small incision will let you see when the met is fully cooked. Any visible redness on the meat or juices means the burger is not ready.
Frequently asked questions
- How long does a burger take to cook on a griddle?
The thickness of a burger determines how long it will take to cook. For standard ones, it cannot take more than 5 minutes for every side.
Thick burgers, especially homemade fillings, may take more time to cook.
Flip and check them after a few minutes and if they start burning, reduce the temperature.
Use a meat thermometer to check and confirm they are cooked, or just make an incision to check visually before you serve them.
What makes smash burgers so charming?
A burger contains a beef patty, and when it’s cooked, a reaction between sugars and amino acids occurs, leading to a drastic change of color and flavor.
When you smash the burgers, you increase the surface area, which is perfect for the Maillard reaction.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.