How to Clean a Panini Press
A Panini press is a gadget that should be in every kitchen. It makes easy work of whipping up a snack and cooks delicious meals. You can use it for grilling or making sandwiches and much more.
This is a gadget that comes in handy when you want to have a fancy dinner, breakfast, or brunch using simple recipes. It enables you to cook fast and end up with a mouth-watering meal at any time of the day.
But after the delicious meal, how do you clean a Panini press? These kitchen gadgets have grooves on grill plates that make cleaning a little hard. However, you can use baking soda or steam it to get rid of stubborn stains. Some Panini press models have removable plates that can be cleaned in the dishwasher, or you simply wash them in soapy water by hand.
How to Clean a Panini Press with Baking Soda
- Remove Excess Food
Before cleaning your Panini press, remove the excess food particles stuck on the pan. Use a paper towel to wipe the nonstick plates. Add some little water to ensure you remove as much oil and food particles as possible.
- Make A Solution Of Baking Soda
Make a solution of baking soda with four ounces of water, preferably warm. It should be thick, but not a paste; this is to ensure it doesn’t flow off the plates. Mix the solution using a measuring cup and pour half of it directly on to the pan. Allow it to spread on the grill’s grooves.
- Apply The Baking Solution The Grill’s Plates
Take a soft piece of cloth or a sponge and dip in the baking soda solution and apply on each groove. Reload your rag or sponge with the solution as you continue applying the baking solution on the stained grill.
- Allow It To Soak For 10 Minutes
After you have applied this solution on both plates of your Panini press, leave it to soak for ten minutes. This gives baking soda enough time to sink into the residue and loosen it up.
- Wipe Your Grill With A Clean Cloth
Pour the mixture and wipe the grill with a clean piece of cloth. Dip it in clean water and wipe the grill until all the baking soda is finished. You can leave the Panini press to dry in the air after thorough rinsing or wipe it dry with a paper towel.
Steam Your Panini Press
Steaming your Panini press is also an effective way to clean it. This simple method removes all the residues of the grill, leaving it spotlessly clean.
- You can choose to clean the grill immediately after you are done with cooking while it’s still hot or wait until later when you turn it on and allow it to heat with the lowest setting.
- Soak a piece of cloth or a paper towel in clean water. Place it on the grill without ringing it and close the lid. As long as it’s thoroughly soaked, your grill cannot burn.
- As the wet cloth comes into contact with the wet cloth, there will be a sizzling sound. Leave it to sit for about five minutes. Meanwhile, as you wait, you will see some steam, but any smell of smoke means the rag is burning.So always be careful with this method.
- Open the grill once done with steaming and wipe off all the residue after the cloth has cooled down. You can also use some baking soda solution in this step to ensure the grill is spotlessly cleaned.
Clean Removable Plates
- Read the Manufacturer’s Instructions
Every grill comes with a cleaning guideline. Read instructions before removing the plates; some are dishwasher safe, others are not.
- Soak the plates
If the removable pates cannot be cleaned in the dishwasher, soak them in hot soapy water and wait for five minutes before washing them by hand. However, if it’s been a while since you cleaned the plates or they are stained, let them soak for more five minutes. Wash the plates with a soft sponge or cloth and rinse it clean.
Regular cleaning is vital to increase the life span of your grill and ensure your food is made in a hygienically favorable environment. With time, the cleaning becomes easy and quick as you master the steps. As always, remember to unplug your appliance before you start washing it.